Saturday, September 3, 2011

3 Summer Projects

1.) THE STRING-TREE PROJECT:
My friend Tessa got a cute little apartment in OKC and wanted to add some unique decor to the wall! You can see the "before" picture to the side that T is modeling!
So one sunday evening, after filling our bellies with chinese takeout from Pei Wei (yummm!), we attempted to make a tree out of yarn and pins behind her couch. NOT as easy as it sounds, it took a few tries, 

 and a few trips to walmart, but we finally figured it out, ish! Here me, Michael, and T are just so excited about the final product! Whew!
super classsssy!

2.) THE YELLOW DRESS PROJECT:
 Okay, I'd be lying if  I said that I made a dress. I wiiiish I could say such a thing! I was a server in my friend Becky's wedding in August, and the servers were to make a dress out of the same yellow material, but we could make it any pattern we wanted to. Ahhhh! I am so glad I have a mother who knows how to sew!! Honestly, my initial plan was to buy a white dress and glue the yellow material over it...I'm so not kidding. As crafty as I am, I have not taken the time to figure out sewing yet!
There is so much precise-ness and measuring and numbers and gross things like that that I just haven't been able to dedicate any time to learn. ANYWAYS. I went through the process of sewing a dress, which was a big step for me, haha. Mom and I went through pattern after pattern until we found a simple, comfortable, easyish pattern. After the dress was finished, I added a little rosette, as see in the above picture! I thought it
was so fun to see all of the different dresses! LOVE! I also made Becky's garters for her wedding. I guess I am the garter-girl these days!? Haha. Beck's wedding was adorable, very country-chic! Her colors were yellow and blue. We used leftover material from my dress and extra material from her wedding dress to make the garters!
It was such a fun, unique, refreshing wedding to be a part of!!




3.) THE OLD-BARN
WINDOW PROJECT:
So my friend got me this fabulous, light-blue window-thing from a legit, old, abandoned house for my birthday! Isn't it neat? Anyways. I put some twine in between the panes and hung up some of my very favorite pictures! I am kind of wishing that I would have re-painted it with a pretty, old, crackled turquoise, but I didn't want to ruin the legit-ness of the window, right!?    
    I also made a bunch of little fabric flowers to decorate the sides. I still don't know if I am completely done with it, but this is how far I've gotten. It's been one of my favorite projects to work on this summer!


1 comment:

  1. I love your comment about sewing... it's exactly how I feel about it! Will you come and make a yarn tree in our basement? I love it!

    ReplyDelete