Friday, June 17, 2011

crafting with friends.

sometimes,
i like to craft by myself in my barn where there is no pressure, i can take my time, experiment, wear crappy clothes, sing obnoxiously to mix cd's, etc. and since i usually craft at such weird times of the night, when normal humans should be sleeping, i have learned to enjoy crafting solo.
BUT.
crafting with a friend is my favorite.
i looooove to see how the same concept manifests itself in different ways!
i love to see ideas churn and grow and develop.
i love it when my crafty friends and i have a vision and are excited about crafting!
plus, its so satisfying and fun to share in the glory of the final project!

at hesston, there was an abundance of fellow crafters (shoutout to my l-dog, kayci, kristen, & angela!), but alas, i can't seem to get my roomates here (mom & dad) to get excited about crafting with me! all they want to do is work in the garden, aka their version of a creative outlet.
but tonight, tessa reminded me what it is like to craft with a friend.
and it was sooo refreshing.

AND i'm also excited about what we created!! i have been wanting to do freezer-paper-stencil-shirts for fooorrreevver and i finally found some freezer paper at walmart!

we decided to do a simple-ish tree for our first project, but it turned out to be pretty annoying to cut out!
[soooo we took an icecream break of course!]

then we painted over it with fabric paint!
tessa revealing her finished product....

haha i think t is in awe of how cool they turned out!

and there you go, the finished product of a great night! i dont think ill be able to sleep tonight because i can't stop dreaming of the possibilities!!




No comments:

Post a Comment